What is a Repeat prescription?
A Repeat prescripion is a medicine that is needed regularly that can be reissued without the patient having to see the Doctor.
Items that you cannot order online would be Antibiotics, Anti Depressants, Sleeping Aids, Cough Bottles, Anti-Histamines etc. You can only order a prescription online if you have had this before from your Doctor.
Patients can order any medication in a number of ways:
- By Hand – drop your repeat slip in at reception with the required items clearly marked.
- By Post – send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- By Telephone - please call between 09:00 - 12:30 and 14:00 - 17:00.
- Online – follow the link at the top of this page and carry out a simple registration.
* Please note as from 24th May 2012 staff are unable to provide details of your prescriptions to Pharmacy staff over the telephone .
** Please allow 48hrs for your prescription to reach the pharmacy to avoid any delays in taking your medication*
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see either a doctor, nurse practitioner at least once a year to review these regular medications. If you receive a note on your prescription from your GP to make a review appointment, please ensure you do this before your medicine runs out.
Please allow two full working days between requesting and collecting your medication and always check your prescription.